Northwest DIY Event/ in Vancouver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Another sonic standout were these translam prototypes (some-sort of ML-TL) using the new CSS WR125.

Attachments

• notes.jpg
    notes.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 640
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The other sonic standout was Tim Forman's tweaked Radio Shack 40-1197 bipole ML-TLs (posted somewhere on diyAudio). Hounourable mention has to go to Terry Olson's single 40-1197 BRs -- which started out the day with just basket damping mods, and ended up tweaked up by the end of the day (Phase plugs, puzzlecoat)

GM's ML-Voigt's (at a recent Diy-fest in Atlanta) use a similar tweaked 1197 (i did them up and sent them to him), and i received a number of very positive comments on them (ie "i was blown away...")

spk_7198a.jpg

dave

Attachments

• terry-1197s.jpg
    terry-1197s.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 537
Tim,

I think you live close to her. You'll probably see her at bedtime.

Yes I have a box full of goodies from yesterday. Good thing I'm not married or I'd be in trouble. That was my grocery money.

A big thanks to Al and everyone else involved. It was my first and you know what they say about your first. It was good to hear how my "thrown together" stuff compared with others. I was both pleased and enlightened. As Dave said, they need some work and now I have heard what work is needed.

Thanks again to all who made it what it was.

Cal

It was a great day to say the least.

As well as have all those speakers show up from Tim.
With all those speakers we had to finally get people to start to move them back to vehicals after we had a short listening time.

Room played very big with the line arrays as we knew it would but you have to use what you have:D

And I will say that almost every person had new listened to a line array before exept a few in the front row.So the listening they got to enjoy was out of the world special thanks to John for the gear.

Loved Jasons high end inlay job on his Dennis Murphy designed tower.;)

Thanks to all those who showed up from long distances like Dave , Chris.
Then the crowd from the Seattle area Kevin DIY Cable, Arron,Terry, Tim and his love of his live:D

See you all in a few months how about that one.

Al

I'd like to join in and congradulate Al for hosting another great RAW event. As in the past, there were some really innovative designs, friendly people and just about as much fun as can be had and still be able to look people in the eye the next day.

My personal favorites included Cal's "periscope" design, Aaron's "Power Pots" (I rode up from Seattle with him so I can't leave him out), the "Laminated Apostrophy" speakers with the CSS drivers, Al's little horns (can't get over how good they sound!) and Tim's assortment of original designs. There were many more, very good designs, however I'm always drawn toward those with an unusual approach or application.

Today, I'll be listening to my Planet10 Signature modified "black box" speakers. I might add that it may seem expensive having the total mod package, but in my quest for the "truth" in music I've thrown caution to the wind and ended up with just a little more than double my original $9.95 investment.

I'll report back after a good listen to my "NEW" speakers.
Best Regards,
TerryO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.