Free software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I created some double-sided PCBs using Eagle 4.09. Now, if I am not mistaken, the top side is to be taken as it is seen on the monitor or printout and the bottom side has to be the mirror image. After this the two have to be superimposed on the two sides of the PCB, right? Thanks for any comment.

Regards,
Vivek

Eric,

Sorry, I have not been able to respond him before.

I know Target 3001!, in fact I am registered user of the version Light. This version allows until a maximum of 400 pin, and it costs about 50 Eurus.

Pcb-pool has an offer for a pcb size Eurocard for some 49 Sterling.

If you make their pcb`s, the price of a single order to pcb-pool it is more than enough so that can buy the version Light of Target 3001!, and to have it forever.

In all ways, if he finds 250 pin enough, alone has to send me an E-mail with an address and me I will send him a copy of CSIEDA 4.0.

It is free, it is better and it is interesting to have a program that all can use.

Happy days,

Raúl Couto

Latest FREE version of AutoTRAX EDA (1.05)

The latest FREE version of AutoTRAX EDA (1.05) is available for
download from www.autotraxEDA.com
There are NO catches, no limits, no time limits, no usage limits.

AutoTRAX is a fully features and completely free EDA program suite including:
Schematic capture.
Spice simulation and virtual electronics workbench.
Extensive device modelers.
Schematic part wizard.
PCB design with semi-automatic layout and routing.
Footprint wizard.
3D electronic package creation wizard.
3D visualization of final board.

New features include:
Extensive improvements to schematic capture net editing.
SVG output.
XML output.
Interactive PCB placement.
Extensive improvements to manual routing.
New net/track association with partial routing.
Combination manual/autorouting of partially routed single nets.
Usability improvements.
Bug fixes. (sorry!)

If you have any problems please contact me.

Regards
Ilija Kovacevic

ilija@kov.com
www.autotraxEDA.com
Tel +44(0)1889 508094

Hello Ilija,

I just downloaded and installed your software on Windows 2000 (running in a virtual machine under Linux, naturally) and compared it with Eagle. Your software seems promising but for the time being I believe I'll stick with Eagle. The main reason will be Eagle's large parts libraries and CAM capabilities. I'm afraid I was unable to figure out in AutotraxEDA how to draw a simple schematic, then switch to the board and lay it out.

I think it would be very helpful if you were somehow able to make your software compatible with Eagle parts libraries.

I have yet to find a project that I wanted to put on a PCB and didn't fint in 3"x4", so Eagle's limitations do not bother me. Even my DAC with 6 SOICs and 100+ discreets was no problem. I finished that one thinking "what am I going to do with all this blank space on the board?"

Vivek said:
Lisandro, Jens Ramussen,
Please help me with this problem in Eagle. I always get an "Error 293" when I try to open any schematic. I tried after reinstalling the software but to no avail. Please suggest something.
Cheers,
Vivek

I suddenly get same error message. Tried to re-install, but did not help. What cause this and how can I fix it?

Thanx
for any help.

sam9

Ilija,

An expanded component library is really important. I've invested a lot of time drawing schematic symbols and corresponding foot prints for my current software choice (Vutrax). To switch now would be a nuisance. Nonetheless, I like the Autotrax interface. Maybe when I've competed a couple of projects that are underway.

This is a list of some components that I use regularly:

1N4148, !N400x, 2N5401/2N5551, 2SD668/2SB649, MJ15004/4, 2N3906/4, TIP3055/2955, TIP31C/TIP32C, 2SA1303/2SC3281, BD139/140, BC549, BC559, AD797, NE5532,OPA2604.

(Nice that you havemany of the standard volage regulators, but besure to add the LM337 to go with the LM317 as these often get used in pairs.)

if you want to make inroads with the posters to these forums, look over some the schematics that appear. You will find the parts I've just listed as well as a variety of other appear quite often. It isn't an endless list. If Autorax already had these parts ( **AND** their Spice models) in it's library, you would get a lot more interest. As nice as your interface maybe, I think you will find that an extensive part library is what will really sell this kind of software.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.