Hi, i need help understanding audio...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. I'm a newbee at audio components and i wish to learn all the basic of a music system. Like what are the stuff called and what do they do?
As for now all my knowlige of a music system consists of:
CD-playier, amplifier and speakers. I know that there are class A and class D, among others, amplifiers and there differences. But I've heard that there are more to it than this. Please help.

That it is an audio site has no bearing on my sig. line. Jesus loves you no matter where you are! However, if you refuse His help, there is REALLY no help for you! :hot:

Tough post, yes. But nothing near as tough as starting from scratch and trying to learn everything about audio. I interviewed for a job once where they were designing and building clocks that have phase noise in the -180dB range. :bigeyes: When I left that place, I realized that I knew jack about electronics, relatively speaking.

Stocker said:
When I left that place, I realized that I knew jack about electronics, relatively speaking.

So this is what you recommend to whom you fear as non-believers?
Give up? It's too difficult?

:scratch1:
Nah!

H.C.C said:
i wish to learn all the basic of a music system

I'd recommend to just start out reading. Look for websites about DIY audio. Start with simple things, as Peter recommends. Focus on safe things in the first time, e.g. no mains voltages involved. A battery powered thing like a headphone amp could be something useful while involving all the basics.

I think it would be a good decision to focus on one problem/component/project at a time. The first project will be the hardest this way, but the first steps can be hard anyway. Don't give up. ;)

Sebastian.

sek said:

So this is what you recommend to whom you fear as non-believers?
Give up? It's too difficult?

:scratch1:
Nah!

Sebastian.

Not at all! I am in the middle of no fewer than three projects now that I would have been clueless about back then. I have done a great deal of reading, learning and thinking since then. Non-believers has nothing much to do with non-experts!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.