People in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2004, 10:41 PM   #1
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Default People in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.

Well, the summer has passed and I still didn't get a chance to get my system out for a good workout. It is still in the "twisted wire" stage and I'd like to test it out before I finish the work.

Problem is I don't have friends with either 50 acres nor a big barn or warehouse so I can have a good go at 'er without disturbing the neighbours.

If someone has a place I can do this that would be great. Anyone with ideas?

Cal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_3679.jpg (66.5 KB, 96 views)
Old 22nd October 2004, 06:21 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hey - I live on 70 acres, but I think Fort St. John might be a little far. And - we already have snow and minus temps. Good look.
Old 22nd October 2004, 03:34 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Cal

I'm sure the BC ferrys wouldn't mind a little audition on one of their car decks.

Dan
Old 25th October 2004, 08:44 PM   #4
tg3 is offline tg3  United States
diyAudio Member

Why don't you rent them out to a large sports facility? The Rose bowl in southern California might just be large enough.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 26th October 2004, 11:28 PM   #5
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

Leave a notice someplace like Bassix or Boomtown advertising your sound system. It's a little too late to get a booking for Halloween, but you might get lucky. There's got to be some non-profit groups that would be happy to get free sound for a dance, if you can figure out how to reach them.

There's a gravel pit just past Brittannia Beach on the left hand side of the road. Nobody minds if you play loud music all night there. Logging roads up the Fraser valley, Stave Lake, Harrison Lake, etc, where anything can and probably does happen.

Then, how about the NW meetup on the 20th of November (there's an announcement someplace like the speakers forum)?

PS: would you mind explaining what all those boxes are?
Old 27th October 2004, 02:46 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Re: People in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cal Weldon
Problem is I don't have friends with either 50 acres nor a big barn or warehouse.....
Even if you had friends that did, they might not want to move the "plants" around Click the image to open in full size.
Old 27th October 2004, 08:15 PM   #7
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

audio-kraut: Yes, Fort St John is wee bit far for a try-out.

Aural Dan: That would sure smooth the sailing, no?

tg3: That looks great, what does it cost to rent the Rosebowl for an afternoon?

dangus: First things first. I have to get them sounding good before I let them loose on the public.

Gravel pit? Man, I need about 30 amps of power for this. That's one big generator. You'll probably hear it from Lions Bay and Squamish.

The two systems are as follows: The big A4 cabinets along with the A7 cabinets make up one. The four dual 10 boxes and the mid/high boxes make up another. Sort of a front yard, back yard thing.

Geek: Not looking to disrupt anyones grow-op. Probably kill the plants.

Cal

Hide this!Advertise here!