People in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, the summer has passed and I still didn't get a chance to get my system out for a good workout. It is still in the "twisted wire" stage and I'd like to test it out before I finish the work.

Problem is I don't have friends with either 50 acres nor a big barn or warehouse so I can have a good go at 'er without disturbing the neighbours.

If someone has a place I can do this that would be great. Anyone with ideas?

Cal

Attachments

• img_3679.jpg
    img_3679.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 112
Leave a notice someplace like Bassix or Boomtown advertising your sound system. It's a little too late to get a booking for Halloween, but you might get lucky. There's got to be some non-profit groups that would be happy to get free sound for a dance, if you can figure out how to reach them.

There's a gravel pit just past Brittannia Beach on the left hand side of the road. Nobody minds if you play loud music all night there. Logging roads up the Fraser valley, Stave Lake, Harrison Lake, etc, where anything can and probably does happen.

Then, how about the NW meetup on the 20th of November (there's an announcement someplace like the speakers forum)?

PS: would you mind explaining what all those boxes are?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
audio-kraut: Yes, Fort St John is wee bit far for a try-out.

Aural Dan: That would sure smooth the sailing, no?

tg3: That looks great, what does it cost to rent the Rosebowl for an afternoon?

dangus: First things first. I have to get them sounding good before I let them loose on the public.

Gravel pit? Man, I need about 30 amps of power for this. That's one big generator. You'll probably hear it from Lions Bay and Squamish.

The two systems are as follows: The big A4 cabinets along with the A7 cabinets make up one. The four dual 10 boxes and the mid/high boxes make up another. Sort of a front yard, back yard thing.

Geek: Not looking to disrupt anyones grow-op. Probably kill the plants.

Cal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.