Odd Question - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th June 2002, 03:50 AM   #1
PassFan is offline PassFan  United States
diyAudio Member

Talking Odd Question

Okay, this is off the beaten path but lets explore way back to our roots.
How many people have heard of Nikola Tesla?

Who invented the radio?

How do Thomas Edison and J P Morgan tie into these first two questions?

Yes, I'm bored can't you tell.
Old 26th June 2002, 04:11 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default tesla etc

Tesla was an electrical engineer of genius, our connection with him is,magnetic field strength is measured in teslas Im proud to say that radio was invented by a canadian the other ywo probably screwed him for his patents
Old 26th June 2002, 04:44 AM   #3
Warp Engineer
On Holiday

TESLA made some of the most brilliant discoveries in the scientific field ever! it's just a pity that most of his work was buried by the government.
Old 26th June 2002, 05:34 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Lisandro_P
Try doing a websearch. Nikola Tesla was easily one of the brightest minds this world has ever seen... i'll tell you that much!
Old 26th June 2002, 05:42 AM   #5
paulb is offline paulb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Tesla is actually an alien from the planet Tralfamador. He worked out a deal with the U.S. Patent office to suppress all research on direct radiated power transfer, in exchange for nubile human breeding stock. He is now back home, but rumors of his presence here keep popping up.
I understand they were trying to have him do a cameo for MIB2, but couldn't come to a suitable arrangement.
Old 26th June 2002, 07:19 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Alien or not, Tesla was THE single brightest mind EVER, at least I think so. I think those Tralfamadorian dudes live long enough, he could very well be a member of this forum right here. You never know.

But Guglielmo Marconi patented the radio.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coil.jpg (25.3 KB, 205 views)
Old 26th June 2002, 07:29 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I had the guy's autobiography as a small .pdf burried in some CD... i'll see if i find it and post it here. It was quite a read.
Old 26th June 2002, 07:52 AM   #8
Keld is offline Keld  Sweden
diyAudio Member

hi

Somehow I knew that Kilowatt would like Mr Tesla with his mad "inventions" dimming the lights in whole cities.

Keld

PS By the way I think it was a danish that made the first radio (I'm from Denmark).
Old 26th June 2002, 08:00 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Here it is. Alien or not, its interesting Suposedly this came from his autobiography, but i never saw that one listed as a book. Dunno.

It's a 400kb pdf, 200kb zipped. Tried to post it here, but as i imagined the site won't let me if it's over 100k. If someone wants it mail me at lisandro@hotmail.com .
Old 26th June 2002, 09:00 AM   #10
MBK is offline MBK  Singapore
diyAudio Member

AFAIK
Tesla / magnetism etc. as mentioned
Marconi is *credited* with the 1st wireless transmission (radio)
Edison screwed Tesla for the rights (brilliant marketing vs. brilliant engineerig)
but was later screwed out of his own company which became General Electric, dropping Edison's name - maybe that's where JPMorgan comes in :-)

Incidentally Edison pushed DC vs. AC for home distribution. To demonstrate his point he was instrumental to popularize the electric chair as an execution tool, to demonstrate the dangers of AC. Seriously.

but haven't checked this up, just from dim memory.

MBK

Hide this!Advertise here!