DIY women out there?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I saw a TV programme a couple of months back, about DIY Audio (incredibly enough ??!!??) It was from Norway. And there was actually a very nice woman DIY'er. I would say around 30 years of age, good looking etc. She was building tube amps, and loudspeakers. And much to my disappointment, she sounded just like any of us guys... :-/

And it seemed she was only into solding, listening to the sound of different capacitors and trying out special tubes from Russia ... maybe better if the women are not interested in DIY audio after all.

Lars

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have a sense of humor...

Hey SY, I could just imagine the H(usband)AF discussions...

"I like the sound of diamond resistors vs metal film."
"Yeah, but the metal film is so much better bang for buck."
"No, way! Diamonds are a audiophile's best friend."

OR

"Honey, what happened to your engagement ring?"
"You're listening to it, dear."
"It's no wonder the stereo parts always cost 2 months salary."

OR

"What did you do, sweetheart? It sound so much better."
"Oh not much."
"Everytime you say that, I end up getting another job."
"Really, its just some new diamond dust cables."
"They use diamond dust instead of wire?"
"No, silly, the sheath between the OFC and the shield used industrial carbon matrix."

:)ensen.

PS: Like Brett, I'd die for DIY babe. It doesn't have to be audio... even carpentry or cars or something.

I've got enough tsouris in my life right now!

I used to have a way of qualifying prospective girlfriends- I'd bring them over to see Murray Zeligman, one of the great gurus of audio and a real character. If they could last an evening over there, they were worth pursuing. One in particular, I remember, sat through a lengthy explanation of how isobaric woofer loading worked (this was in 1979, when such things were pretty exotic). She listened carefully for 45 minutes and when he was finished, she smiled and said, "That is absolutely the coolest thing I've ever seen!" We spent the next two years together.

The more typical reaction was, "I don't know if I'm more bored or disgusted."

If I had to go the single route again today, I'd do the same thing, but with John Curl. Or maybe Steve Eddy.

Message from my femme fatale:

boys,take heart, I live with a DIY man, and I can just about explain capacitors. My laundry room is consumed with DIY gear as is the garage, and we I have even helped hold the flashlight or the wrench from time to time. We DIY girls are out there, keep looking.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.