[INDIA]Amplifier chasis - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th August 2004, 06:58 PM   #1
rs1026 is offline rs1026  India
diyAudio Member

Question [INDIA]Amplifier chasis

Where can I find amplfier chasis in bangalore? Is it possible to get it built for custom size.OR even some standard available size is fine by me.
Old 26th August 2004, 04:39 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Not again!

Is it really necessary to put up this kind of a post, starting with [INDIA] ?

This is not a country wise bulletin board . It looks out of place and we are probably the only guys using such a method to post.

Just say : Amplifier chassis in India or Readymade chassis in India . That gives the message and sticks to the norm with all the other messages on the Forum.
Old 26th August 2004, 06:53 AM   #3
rs1026 is offline rs1026  India
diyAudio Member

Unhappy ??

Are there any rule set defined for posting messages?If so can the moderator please put them in the main page so that people can read them before posting the messages. I was going through other messages in the forum and saw that India tag was defined in lot of places for region specific questions.So I assumed that it should be defined that way.

Anyways I presume its not that big a offence.But if people
are bothered then there should be some predefined norms for posting.

Ashok,
You have not answered my mian question
Old 26th August 2004, 07:03 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi RS,
Sure this is no offence . Others have also voiced their opinion about using country tags in the post . I though I'd just remind others that it might be nice to conform to the usual format.
There are no fixed rules , only guidelines I guess .
Let's just merge with the rest . No need to stand out individually as all members must be looking at all new posts . You might even get replies from people who have such information but do not live in India.

Coming to your main question. I would think that you could get chassis made from any small sheet metal fabrication shop. Go to Peenya or other industrial area and look for sheetmetal shops. I have done this several times in the past though not in Bangalore. However Bangalore has millions (!) of small sheet metal fabricators. The other option is to go to SJP road and ask the shops that sell electronic components.
I'm sure you will find some.
Cheers.
Old 13th April 2007, 06:54 AM   #5
yusuf is offline yusuf  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yusuf
I am also looking for some really good chassis. I tried almost all places in Bangalore but all I could find was black color cheap looking chassis.

What about out of Bangalore, any place in Mumbai?

Thanks for help
Old 13th April 2007, 07:43 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

In Mumbai you can get decent one at LT Marg. Grant Road. Though mostly are back colored.
Old 21st September 2007, 08:43 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to linuxguru
I just use the standard chassis types that are available - my present project uses a standard anodized/galvanized steel type, with black powder-coated cover available from Pooja Electronics, off S.P. Road in Bangalore. It's well made, and has cut-outs for the rear speaker terminals, RCA input blocks, etc.

The problem is usually with the front panel, usually black powder-coated. You can always replace it with your own design, say in brushed stainless steel or aluminium. You just have to carefully measure the locations for the pots, push-button switches, and the 4 mounting holes for the screws that hold the front-panel in place. Mark the holes carefully and drill it - in my experience, this is where I usually come a cropper. There's no way to avoid denting it or marring the finish unless you have a professional jig-boring setup.
Old 30th September 2007, 06:14 PM   #8
diarav is offline diarav  India
diyAudio Member

Hi ,

Yes Pooja Electronics (in one of the bylanes in SP Road) sells Amp cabinets and they look promising. As mentioned by linuxguru, it is only the front panels that may not suit you. I don't like the appearance of screws in the front. I tried making my own front panel from Aluminum sheet and drilling is a real challenge. I ended up with a few dents.

Hide this!Advertise here!