joy in Kuala Lumpur?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll probably be stopping in Kuala Lumpur in a few months. :)
Apart from copied discs, does anyone know of audio/ music attractions there?
I know Hong Kong would have more, but the air fare there was too many $
I know of Octave Electronics in suburban Petaling Jaya (how many km?) and am waiting to join the LS3/5a forum.

Is there any other hi-fi joy in KL?

Thanks

Hi,

Depends what you are looking for. There's quite a good selection of audio shops, with brands such as:

Burmester, Wilson Benesch, Meridian, Krell, McIntosh, Gryphon, DCS, Bryston, Classe, B&W, PMC and so on etc, etc.

Of course, if you're referring to DIY stockists, then the choices are much less, for some reason DIY just doesn't gel with the Malaysian hi-fi community............

not too sure either

Octave has a website here. Call them up and ask what's the easiest route for you to get there from KL.

Yeo from diyparadise might have some stuff that you are interested in.

If you ever have time to drop by Singapore, there's a couple of places to go to. Post your queries to this great forum () before dropping by, so you get to plan your route ahead of time.echoloft

cheers

Alas no time for Singapore.
I love the idea of listening to in particular Wilson Benesch & Gryphon. Though if I do, will I able to tolerate my modest gear?
What the hell, I’m stocked up for several DIY projects at present, so I should listen to some high end for a bit of a different blast. Assuming they let a backpacker style dresser into a $$$ shop.

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.