Hifi.nl forum is no more!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I reckon the main reason is criticism of dealers/shops/brands...

I guess Philips just don't want to hear that (some) of their SACD players break down often...and don't want anyone else to hear about it either...

It seems to me the Dutch market is too small to be tolerant of criticism.

Just look at the Dutch hifi mags... very seldomly say something is a piece of trash! Why?

Only South African hifi-magazines are worse! ;-)

What do you think about this?

All markets are too small for critism and all magazines lay.
True...apart from a tv mag like TOP GEAR...they say everything they THINK.

But look around here - how many guys have " open mind " for realy hard truths ? Have you see here quite critical words, when you see some crazy bad construction, badly soldered and made ?

There is plenty of critisism on this board...Thanks for that... ;-)

However...it is quite harsh to criticize some first time amp builder with his project......when pity is a better word to describe the feeling you have looking at it. In that case...you could damn with faint praise....like mmmm that is no too bad..

But you have a point .....very few people are robust enough to take criticism. It is part and parcel of modern day life I think...Everyone seems to think they are BLAMELESS these days.. ;-)

People give almost human qualities to their designs and creations. This takes commitment and passion. Criticism does not sit well in such situations, and I certainly understand that.

I will admit that I'm not too happy about criticism either. I'm proud of what I do, and there is much of me in my products.

And Per-Anders is absolutely right. You do not kill the goose that laid the golden egg; all magazine publishers are very sensitive to this one!

Cheers,

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

Yes your case is very different...because you have a product!

In my case ...I could not care less if someone does not like what I've built...because it works for me!

I do try to learn out of criticism as much as I can though. Some things are non-negotiable though. ;-)

Making a product like you do....is a very very different ballgame.

Regards,
Bas

AKSA said:
I will admit that I'm not too happy about criticism either. I'm proud of what I do, and there is much of me in my products.
There are different kind of criticism:

1 Your product is ugly

2 Your product is not modern

3 Your product behave bad in certain situations

4 Your product is over priced.

I think point 3 is the only one you should take seriously. Have I missed something, done wrong etc?

1, 2 and 4 are just opinions but nevertheless not fun to hear.

Ja Bas,

it's really very sad. :bawling:

Remember, we once had a nice audio magazine that had the dare to give criticism. I'm refering to Audio & Techniek ofcourse.

I think we don't need to tell the audience that it didn't last.

It made 2 restarts but eventually died.
Despite it's criticism it also made compliments to the ones who did right. That made them survive a little longer than expected.

High-end audio is a small world, and it's hard enough to make any money in this scene. So no place for criticism.

Dick.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.