Claim your $1M from the Great Randi - Page 113 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th June 2005, 04:51 AM   #1121
diyAudio Member

Location: kansas city mo, and on occasion, around the world ...
I'm thinking of the Segway parody on South Park, but I don't see the proper controls...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gxx dxxx, that little box just killed Kenny
Old 28th June 2005, 01:18 AM   #1122
diyAudio Member

Default PT Barnum is NOT dead

a sucker is born every day
this little epistle came in the mail today -- probably as I am a subscriber to Stereophile -- the Watson and Crick Double Helix Power Cord with condom-casing insulation and Ace-Hardware lamp fixture plug, 1.5metres for about 120Euro (yes, that's 120Euro or 150 greenbacks):
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 28th June 2005, 02:07 AM   #1123
sam9 is offline sam9  United States
diyAudio Member

Jackinnj's post inspired me to Google Clearview Power Cords. Not much on them except the following.

http://www.mapleshaderecords.com/twe...rip_manual.php

http://www.mapleshaderecords.com/twe...ables_main.php

http://www.michaelgreenaudio.com/for...77404d51c523bc

Oh my . . . oh my! I was especially fascinated the suggestion to swap live and neutral.
Old 28th June 2005, 02:55 AM   #1124
diyAudio Member

sam --

i actually remember a financing in the 1980's for a company called Doskocil -- it made the edible sausage casing which unrolls like, well, you guessed it -- same thing which is apparently used by the Mapleshade -- but sold in the thousands of yards -- if you carefully look at the insulation it is quite reminiscent of that "used" device which is returned to John Belushi in the "Blues Brothers" as he vacates Joliet prison.
Old 28th June 2005, 03:00 AM   #1125
diyAudio Member

Gives a whole ne meaning to the phrase "powe cord"
Old 28th June 2005, 03:07 AM   #1126
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
We must be very careful when we start mixing materials. It takes almost nothing to change the chemical balance of our systems. You might think how important is this? Chemically balancing your system is huge. All materials have a chemical code that once changed never goes back to the same way it was. It's like compression. once you compress something it never returns the same.
From the Michael Green site.

What the @#!%?????

Nice hair, though. Reminds me of Steve Eddy.
Old 28th June 2005, 05:02 AM   #1127
diyAudio Member

Quote:
All materials have a chemical code that once changed never goes back to the same way it was.
The true essence of voodoo
Old 28th June 2005, 05:03 AM   #1128
diyAudio Member

Default Re: PT Barnum is NOT dead

Quote:
Originally posted by jackinnj
this little epistle came in the mail today -- probably as I am a subscriber to Stereophile -- the Watson and Crick Double Helix Power Cord with condom-casing insulation and Ace-Hardware lamp fixture plug, 1.5metres for about 120Euro (yes, that's 120Euro or 150 greenbacks):
Heheh. Friend of mine nicknamed that power cord "Firestarter."

They should be put out of business for selling a shock and fire hazard like that.

se
Old 28th June 2005, 05:13 AM   #1129
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SY
Nice hair, though. Reminds me of Steve Eddy.
Gee, thanks.

se
Old 28th June 2005, 06:12 AM   #1130
diyAudio Member

I once worked for a company that got sued because the fuse was on the "neutral" rather than the "hot". (This was before CAD when there were rooms full of drafters and revisions were done by "red lining".) Some grad student in a lab got zapped as a result. This is effectively what you get when you swap the power cord around as suggested in the first link.

It looks like they sell RCA and speaker cables of similar construction. Perhaps the biggest astonishment is that they are all real tacky looking. Normally, high-end exotica, has if nothing else the virtue of looking good. This looks like something you would want to hide when your mother visits.

Hide this!Advertise here!