Claim your $1M from the Great Randi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PT Barnum is NOT dead

a sucker is born every day
this little epistle came in the mail today -- probably as I am a subscriber to Stereophile -- the Watson and Crick Double Helix Power Cord with condom-casing insulation and Ace-Hardware lamp fixture plug, 1.5metres for about 120Euro (yes, that's 120Euro or 150 greenbacks):
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

sam --

i actually remember a financing in the 1980's for a company called Doskocil -- it made the edible sausage casing which unrolls like, well, you guessed it -- same thing which is apparently used by the Mapleshade -- but sold in the thousands of yards -- if you carefully look at the insulation it is quite reminiscent of that "used" device which is returned to John Belushi in the "Blues Brothers" as he vacates Joliet prison.

We must be very careful when we start mixing materials. It takes almost nothing to change the chemical balance of our systems. You might think how important is this? Chemically balancing your system is huge. All materials have a chemical code that once changed never goes back to the same way it was. It's like compression. once you compress something it never returns the same.

From the Michael Green site.

What the @#!%?????

Nice hair, though. Reminds me of Steve Eddy.

Re: PT Barnum is NOT dead

jackinnj said:
this little epistle came in the mail today -- probably as I am a subscriber to Stereophile -- the Watson and Crick Double Helix Power Cord with condom-casing insulation and Ace-Hardware lamp fixture plug, 1.5metres for about 120Euro (yes, that's 120Euro or 150 greenbacks):

Heheh. Friend of mine nicknamed that power cord "Firestarter."

They should be put out of business for selling a shock and fire hazard like that.

se

I once worked for a company that got sued because the fuse was on the "neutral" rather than the "hot". (This was before CAD when there were rooms full of drafters and revisions were done by "red lining".) Some grad student in a lab got zapped as a result. This is effectively what you get when you swap the power cord around as suggested in the first link.

It looks like they sell RCA and speaker cables of similar construction. Perhaps the biggest astonishment is that they are all real tacky looking. Normally, high-end exotica, has if nothing else the virtue of looking good. This looks like something you would want to hide when your mother visits.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.