Claim your $1M from the Great Randi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There's a whole world out there of people that are convinced that whenever you modify your gear, you will hear a change, whether there is one or not.

Welcome to our world Jan. If you modify there obviously is a change, right? I can hardly think of any modifications, electical or mechanical that are inaudible. And if i can't hear something which others can i usually first question my abused and elderly hearing.

And yes, Ethan is your man.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Ahhhh... You should have let Tom answer that! I was really curious to his answer. I know your world, you know that. But there ARE people who have no concept (or prefer not to think about it) of the difference between hearing and perception, who have no clue of the vast body of data about self-delusion, placebo's etc.
I know you are not one of then, even if we often disagree, I think we both know the score on this subject and we both take it in account as best we can. At least that is what I think/perceive...

And no, I do NOT agree that ANY equipment mod MUST result in an audible difference...;)

Jan Didden

sam9 said:

I always attributed that to Robert Heinlein, but suspect it pre-dates both.

Rose was the brains of the operation anyway :)

and while we are speaking of the Greta Randi, how about the great Shunyata research -- the company which doesn't seem to own a spectrum analyzer to examine the effect of their power conditioners.

the only "grain" which is going away is that grain of silver and gelt.

and while we are speaking of the Greta Randi, how about the great Shunyata research -- the company which doesn't seem to own a spectrum analyzer to examine the effect of their power conditioners.

the only "grain" which is going away is that grain of silver and gelt

I was going to add the Ben Franklin quote "A fool and his money are soon parted." Of course he was the guy who got "+" and "-" bassakwards.:whazzat:

I didn't see a price list but I expect a couple of their speaker cables would pay for my entire system including the rear projection TV. I was a bit surprised to find Sony and Skywalker sound on the client list, but then I realized I have the same power utility company as Skywalker. I've watched mains voltage change fro 115 to 125 over the space of a few minutes. This is vaguely interesting from my point of view but I suposse that if one were mastering the sound track for Episode III is could be real irritating so I assume they were more interested in power conditioning than merely cables. It would be interesting to know which products those clients bought and why.

Maybe their evoking "ghost" images or their audio equivalent will strike fear into the heart of the audio voodoo believer, thus boosting sale of their filter...and ghost images then added to the real image..what an image that results in is un-imaginable....
and where should those ghostly images come from, if not from the mind of the voodooist..ah, maybe the wrong cable, call the ca(pa)ble ghostbuster...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.