New ideas for diyaudio.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello moderators and other users,

This is a request for a forum containing links to datasheets and other recourses that make the DIY life easier. And maybe also limit the number of times the same questions are asked – saving precious bandwidth.

I’m using a place called www.freetradezone.com at work to find e.g. datasheets, but since this is a site that now charges for its services, we could maybe ask if the users of www.diyaudio.com could be allowed free use of the site.

Also a database with schematics and construction details might help newcomers a lot. And of cause links to commercial and private DIY products might also come in handy.

Tell me what you think

\Jens

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Links to datasheets are usually fine, schematics sites are more troublesome, as they may involve IP infringements.

When the AVB gets up and running, that will be a source of contacts for purchasing stuff, and as products will be advertised, hopefully raise some money to cover the costs of diyAudio.com.

Personally for datasheets, I use Sherlock (the built in search engine in Mac OSX) and it finds just about anything, but I suppose you Windows types need all the help you can get ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.