Audio pre out - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th August 2004, 10:10 AM   #1
Vivek is offline Vivek  India
diyAudio Member

Default Audio pre out

Hi all,
I have a Denon AVR 1403 5.1 receiver. It has a VCR and a tape audio out. Is it possible to connect this pre out to another amp and use it? The idea is to make a high end amp and use the DAC and pre amp in the Denon.
I have made a MTM floorstander with Vifa drivers and with two 8 ohm woofers in parallel, the power supply section heats up like hell.
Opinions welcome. Thanks.

Vivek
Old 8th August 2004, 11:08 AM   #2
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
well it wil work. BUt not the way you want it to. the vcr and tape out are not controled via teh remote.. so if yu conect a power amp to these ports your power amp will run at full out. unless it has a volume controle.. i know some of the denon's had audio out for front center sub and rear does yours ?
Old 8th August 2004, 12:01 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

My receiver has a sub pre out and the VCR and tape pre outs only. I can have pots at the amplifier input to control the volume. Are these pre outs independent of the receiver's volume control.
I did a test run and connected the tape out to my telly's audio input but there was no sound from the TV speakers.

Vivek
Old 8th August 2004, 06:30 PM   #4
Banned

Humm.. them line outs for tape and vcr are not controld via the main volume control..

You could make a volume adapter. They make them.. if your looking to not use yur recievers power amp that is built in then yo buy the adapter or build one. that conects to the speaker line out and the little box converts speaker line out to Rca line out.. NOT just wires there are electronic parts in the box. : O ) i so reamember talking about this with some one on this board.. ill look for the link and get back to you..

J'
Old 9th August 2004, 06:26 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

One of the guys (I don't remember who) was telling me that one could make some kind of a voltage divider network at the amplifier output and add a pot or something like that. Is this what you are talking about? Let me know when you come up with something.
Old 9th August 2004, 06:49 AM   #6
Banned

that is exactly what im talking about you can use resisters too. and or a pot.. i like the resisters though : O )
Old 9th August 2004, 07:05 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I will watch out for something like that. Let me know if you come up with something. Thanks.
Vivek
Old 9th August 2004, 07:49 AM   #8
Banned

ill grab the schematic for you tomorrow man : O )

Jason

Hide this!Advertise here!