Forget about Harry! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st June 2002, 07:56 AM   #1
FBJ is offline FBJ  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Forget about Harry!

I havenít been a member of this forum for too long but I feel it time we stop all this about Harry. Heís back and the same, letís move on. Even though I havenít read all the replies or threads about Harryís actions, what I want to point out is the way this forum should be handled and how maybe it should be changed. Which means no more fun but rules followed and obeyed.
Grey , you should not have jumped Harryís case the way you did in the open forum where everyone not aware of the situation could later voice their opinions in their replies. Cause you caused nearly everyone on this forum to take sides and to state their opinions and post that opinion. I wonder how many A, B, or C people there is now. I am sure you tried to e-mail Harry privately but if he didnít respond you could have created a thread for him to contact you. And if he would not obey then you the moderator should have drop him for the forum, no questions asked. Of course after reviewing the facts first though.
Speaking of facts (this is the not fun part) the moderator or moderators need to update the guidelines to more specific definitions of what will not be tolerated. How many negative e-mails the moderator receives about the member before any action will take place. How the accused member will be contacted. How the member gets to explain the accusations against him/her. How many warning e-mails will be sent to the accused member and what level of language the content of the e-mails should have. (I said this wouldnít be the fun part.) Also how the accused member will be judged by the moderator or moderators and what actions will be carried out against this member.
Well I realized this will be a lot of work for the moderator or moderators but I canít think of any fair way of handling this situation cause it WILL happen again.
Since I am on my soapbox, I feel the moderator or moderators should post a thread declaring that the subject of Harry is over and stop all posts about him. And donít even response to my thread, just take action. Also ignore membersí suggestions about what rules to be added and proceed with what the moderators feel is best for the future of this forum. The buck has to stop some where.
Old 1st June 2002, 11:42 AM   #2
Banned

Thumbs up subject of Harry is over and stop all posts about him

I couldn't agree more. Lets get back to focusing on audio design. You guys are taking up Grey's time that he could be using to finnish his amp. The subject is closed for public debate.

Any hate mail or support can be taken off the forum and sent to
fdieck@hotmail.com

H.H.

Hide this!Advertise here!