Moving Day is fast approaching.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well I am moving 2400kms on friday and driving a cruddy old UHAUL all the way while towing my toyota matrix.

It is surprising how hard it is to move some of this audio and electronics stuff.

For instance, all my test gear, oscilloscope and the like, I have no equipment specific packaging for this stuff nor do I have any decent boxes for my projects past and present.

I briefly considered going to one of the companies that box stuff up for a fee, but have you seen their fees?

I am infinitely paranoid that something is gonna get destroyed, I am boxing some stuff with pillows and some stuff with those styrofoam peanuts but I keep imagining that stuff shifting out of the way and the face plate of one of my amps that I worked so hard on, getting scuffed, scratched or bent.

I can't fathom doing this with a bunch of tube amps, ack the stress.:bigeyes:

Where are you moving to?

I say get a box of bubble-wrap, wrap them up, and pack it all in your Matrix. Plus if anything happens, you can make a claim on your auto insurance (for contents), in addition to any other supplemental insurance you may have took out for the move.

I often ship audio equipment internationally, and use an inner wrap of bubble film followed by a layer of 25mm expanded polystyrene (from builders' merchants, sold as wall insulation), finally packed in a strong corrugated carton.
This system usually survives the best efforts of the shippers!

Lusso5 said:
Where are you moving to?

From Ontario Canada to Saskatchewan Canada.

I say get a box of bubble-wrap, wrap them up, and pack it all in your Matrix. Plus if anything happens, you can make a claim on your auto insurance (for contents), in addition to any other supplemental insurance you may have took out for the move.

That is actually a really good idea! I'll just fold down the rear seats and fill her up, we will however leave the front seats empty just in case something happens to the UHAUL (not uncommon!).

Thanks!
:D

dnsey said:
I often ship audio equipment internationally, and use an inner wrap of bubble film followed by a layer of 25mm expanded polystyrene (from builders' merchants, sold as wall insulation), finally packed in a strong corrugated carton.
This system usually survives the best efforts of the shippers!

My biggest worry are the people that will be helping us when we reach our destination, people try hard and have the best intentions but "accidents" happen and when they do I have to suffer the loss.

Thanks for the ideas.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.