DIY: wireless headphones

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
im gonna build a carputer for mp3's and i wanted to be able to pull it out of my car when parked for security reasons but i also wanted to be able to use it in the house so i planed on making docking stations in both my cars and my house. oh by the way the computer im gonna make is only gonna be as big as my car stereo. ive got all this planed out. then i got another idea. what about at work? ill have the car hence ill have the computer might as well be able to listen to my music at work. great idea aint it? theres a problem i work in a warehouse i cant just dock it nor can i walk around all night with a "car stereo" in my pocket. so i thought what about wireless headphones but i am low on funds and space. i cant spend much money so i'd like to make them but i dont know how. also i dont have much space i can spare more space on the transmitter than on the receiver lets say about 3"x4"x1" on the transmitter and thats kinda pushing it. on the receiver id like it to be as small as one of those tiny mp3 players i am not real woried about sound quality as my work is loud anyway so more than likly i wouldnt be able to tell much of a diference. if posible id like to be able to "dock" the headphone unit in the computer when im done to charge the batteries but this isnt a necesity. also if posible id like to be able to have 2 or 3 or more sets of head phones so i can loan them out to the guys im working with

i thought of acouple ideas on how to acomplish all this but i dont know if any will work : i could use a cordless phone,walkie talkies, i know there are also fm transmitters but ive heard ALOT of bad things about them let me know if you have any good exp with them

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.