Where is HarryHaller? - I tried search in the memberlist but he was not there? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th May 2002, 06:45 AM   #1
sonnya is offline sonnya  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Question Where is HarryHaller? - I tried search in the memberlist but he was not there?

I wanted to mail him so i did go to the memberlist to find his mailaddress but i could not find it.

Does he goes under another name in the memberlist?????

Sonny
Old 30th May 2002, 06:52 AM   #2
BrianGT is offline BrianGT  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to BrianGT
Link to his profile

--
Brian
gte619j@prism.gatech.edu
Old 30th May 2002, 07:43 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

This is the email he posted in the Aleph X thread a few days back.

Fdieck@hotmail.com
Old 30th May 2002, 07:49 AM   #4
sonnya is offline sonnya  Denmark
diyAudio Member

I find it suspecius that hes profiles exists but not in the memberlist. With his 734 posts on this board he should also be in the top 4 in the top10 list!? But he is not their.

Grey : Is he blocked from the forum?

By the way: Brett thanks for his mail address ... I will try mail him.
Old 30th May 2002, 02:58 PM   #5
Banned

Default Where is Herr Holler?

You might be right. I find it somewhat odd that he could be booted, whereas a 17 yr. old who drops F-bombs and attacks anyone who posts a reply he doesn't agree with is still here. Especially after it has been brought to the attention of those in charge.

Yes, Hairy is a pain sometimes.......ok, most of the time........well alright, all of the time. But there does not appear to be a FAQ section that explains:

"This forum is for amateur DIYers only. Engineers, experienced designers, anyone with a sense of humour is discouraged from participating. Posting of gratuitous images and obscure links is frowned upon. Recommended only for beginners having trouble matching MOSFETs."

Jocko
Old 30th May 2002, 04:39 PM   #6
Banned

Angry Yes, Hairy is a pain

I think he is taking a vacation while they adjust his medication man. Or maybe he is building an Aleph X since he doesn't seem to know how to design a real amp or do anything but harass anyone. If we don't talk about him, maybe he will stay away!

Ren
Old 30th May 2002, 04:50 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Cool The chosen one!

Hey,

Harry come back!... One of us will eventually became another Harry in time..may be better or may be worse but then again is not the same (H.H.) Harry anymore. Come back and balance the force.

without evil there is no place for god!

I know I am in trouble now...
Chris

Old 30th May 2002, 05:23 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Before anyone manages to work themselves into a froth over any part I might have played in this...
1) No, I did not boot him from the DIY member list, nor did I deny him access, etc. etc. etc.
2) I have had no private communications with Harry at all, ever. I have no information on his intentions or whereabouts.
3) Jocko, it's not that EE folk aren't welcome, per se, its overbearing attitudes that aren't welcome. In the same vein, I might add that neither is there a FAQ that says,"This site is for EEs only. Beginners are not welcome and will be ridiculed, humiliated, and insulted."
4) Jocko, I found your CCS thread to be quite nice (and the tone mild...thumbs up), I would like to request that you consider adding to it. You, unlike Harry, seem to have moderated your tone considerably. For this, I thank you. Really. Two thumbs up.
5) I don't think the member Jocko refers to will do it again. Hopefully, he will maintain his composure. (If he does not, someone please let me know! I can't cover all the threads any more, and I depend on others to let me know if something is awry.) This is in contradistinction to Harry, who maintained his abrasiveness in spite of repeated requests to lighten up from numerous other members, not just me.
6) Humor is a subjective thing. The things that Harry found funny were not funny to a large number of members. I'm not saying they were offensive, just not funny. Pointless. Empty. Null set. Foolish. Sometimes childish. Frankly, I found the Man/Woman picture hilarious (yes, I know that was Helix), and my wife even more so (she maintains that the Woman chassis needs far <i>more</i> knobs and buttons...none with labels, mind you...their effect must be uncalibrated, random, and unpredictable), but I am unable to encourage such things for two reasons: First, some folks here seem to feel that if you give them an inch, then they'll take two miles. Second, there's still the modem/bandwidth problem.
7) There seem to have been three types of response to Harry. A--people who hung on his every word. B--people who deplored his behavior, but tolerated it in order to see if they could glean any useful information. C--people for whom the price was too high; there was simply no way to get past the behavior.
Harry thought class A and B were larger than they really were.
There were a lot more people in the C class than anyone realized.
Personally, I was somewhere between B and C, but even on B days, I was getting quite a bit of e-mail from people in the C class, and as moderator, I cannot tolerate someone who intimidates even a single member. As I said elsewhere, the playing field <i>must</i> be level.
8) It pains me to say it, but the e-mail I'm receiving tends in tone towards the scene near the end of <i>The Wizard of Oz</i> where everyone is singing,"Ding, dong, the witch is dead..." It should not be that way. No one should be <i>that</i> unpopular. Unfortunately, Harry brought it upon himself.
9) I wish Harry success, prosperity, and happiness, just not at the expense of others.

Grey
Old 30th May 2002, 08:06 PM   #9
Banned

Default Where's Harry

I hear he took some time off to play golf with Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa. It does seem odd that someone who couldn't resist jumping in all the time just suddenly goes silent. I hope this doesn't stifel any attempts at humor or anyone posting something too technical or contrary to popular views. I, for one, could use a gratuitous image or a snooty comment occaisionally just to break up the status quo. I hope everyone doesn't feel inhibited from a little fun or humor by this mysterious dissapearence.

Grey, could Harry have eliminated his own profile out of spite or maybe Jason eliminated it? I guess it really isn't important since the furor seems to have died down.......

Ren
Old 30th May 2002, 08:21 PM   #10
Apogee is offline Apogee  United States
diyAudio Member

Smile To Harry....

I would like to add that I value having H.H. around very much!

My other posts were directed entirely at the tone that he has used much of the time - not whether or not he was welcome....

Just as others pointed out to Slice that certain behavior was not appropriate, it was my hope that H.H. might consider stepping down off the pedestal a bit because not all of us are EE's or interested in who knows the most...

Often, I do/did find some of his posts/pics very funny...

I also value his experience/comments regarding circuit topology... He knows a lot and we can all learn from his experience!!!

So H.H. my hope is that you aren't gone and don't feel unappreciated but rather you understand that not everyone enjoys dealing with attitude all of the time...

Like anything else, a little attitude is good, a lot can kill you...

Hoping that you're still around and doing well,

Steve

Hide this!Advertise here!