The best book?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm really into designing my own amplifier. I'm pretty familiar with transistors. I understand the idea behind biasing them. OpAmps ! are pretty easy to understand as far as being in an audio amplifier. There isn't much to them. My problem is digesting all of this information about transistors. For example what is the best transistor to use in lower power applications? what about higher power applications? What is the most accurate? I don't even know if it would be better to make a 125W or 500w amplifier channel out of opamps or transistors. Couldn't transistors be cheaper? Which is better? transistors or opamps? Anyway, enough of that. I really need some good advice on a good advanced amplifier design book. I'm familiar with solid-state, DC and AC theory, digital, and so on... I really could use someones advice on a good book to purchase on audio amplifier design. Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.