Pills for ears

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
*Cracks knuckles*

Self-defeating. From their FAQ (as if.. where's "is this a joke?" :D ):

First, it reduces the amount of toxic compounds in the cochlea that are destructive to your hair cells, the cells that turn sounds into electrical signals that get sent to your brain.

Toxic chemicals... hmm why does this sound familiar...

You should always practise sound hearing conservation programs including wearing ear protection and reducing the noise insults in your environment.

Despite saying it'll give you super ears. Heh, didn't even spell "practise" [sic] right.

Besides that, they say it'll make things sound better whereas I see only mention of supposed strengthening of the cells, etc. Sound quality is in the ear of the beholder, as diyAudio (and other people, with more money than brains) have quite often shown. Granted, such strengthening might improve lost high frequency response, but I doubt it. After all, they don't claim any miracles (like that "deaf from birth" bit). Which is hadly suprising. :D

Tim

Sure don`t know about this pill but. Some times a defency in
zinc or manganese can cause a hearing loss. In my case if I am
eating realy bad and not taking a little manganese the hearing
in my left ear stops at about 5k, take a little manganese (5mg)
and I can then hear up to 13k or a tad higher after taking it for
a few days,your millage may varry.

Woody

A quick search on N-Acetyl Cysteine (the purported active ingredient) reveals that it can assist in the breakdown of mucus, which could perhaps help hearing in some cases. Apparently, though, most people are not deficient in this amino acid, and do not require supplementation.
The implication that it can be used as a protective measure in noisy environments is distinctly dangerous IMO.
Why not do as the site suggests (presumably as a legal cover clause) and consult your physician - the response would be interesting!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.