240v power regulator HELP!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had a terminal power problem about 2 weeks ago most of the Rack was already powered up I turned on th Projector to watch a new DVD and the Thing went Bang (thank God for the waranty) anyway I think the power went nuts I put a meter across the mains and it was up to 283volts so i would lick some sort of regulation.

any help would bet great

ps. my electrial knowalage is average.

It's a bit different but not impossible. What's used is a resonant transformer on the verge of saturation, so that an increase in voltage causes further saturation, resulting in clipping in the iron.. the resonant nature smooths it out and you get a sine wave output. If the voltage falls too much, output will drop with it or if it rises too much it'll ovrheat. I think the typical range is +/-10 or 20% of some nominal voltage.

Otherwise, you could FWB the line :)att'n:) and run a PWM regulated sine wave generator. Basically a large class D power amplifier ran at 60Hz. :)

Tim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.