tweakers heart or going mad ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got a new VGA card for my PC today - MSI G4Ti4600-VTD

It had to upgrade the Matrox G450... well it failed miserably as the image was so soft and blurry I couldn't believe. As I run a BNC cable as thick as a thumb to ViewSonic P95f Professional series monitor it's so easily noticeable. Exactly like a difference between cd players in front of a top notch amp and speakers.

Anyway I remembered a tweak I tried once just for fun with old PCI Cirrus Logic VGA. those were known for the unbelievebly unsharp picture. It was just to remove the CLC filter from each color signals output. They put them there for EMI or whatever such reasons. Already then it transformed the card to a compareable level to any current high end ATI card.

So I did the same for this one

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Before

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

After

When finished, I was real happy - the image is so razor sharp that even the old Matrox is inferior :D

Then I uploaded the images from camera and looking at them made me think if this is normal or does this mean I have lost it in my head - there seems to be a need of tweaking no matter if it's an audio stuff or anything else electronic :confused:

Do you guys get the same feeling sometimes? Is it a lost sanity, a desease or a constant search of perfection :xeye:

Ergo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.