Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th June 2004, 02:11 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Attention AKSA 55, Hugh is thinking in let us see schematics on forum

I am not sure, maybe a damn hacker...but i am trying to have a safe inform... if he let me do it... i will do it gladly.

But some secrets he will keep, those ones, really, nobody could imagine!... a simple Aksa, very good unit, without 4 secrets.... but the one will beat so many amplifiers that you will be very surprised.

Carlos
Old 12th June 2004, 02:59 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default If Hugh confirm that, i will put it, made in Multisim

In a matter of 50 minutes.

You will be astonished.

I guarantee, wonderfull sound machine.... beat all others!

Carlos
Old 12th June 2004, 03:09 AM   #3
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default AKSA Schematic

Carlos,

Go for it, as discussed. Many thanks for your enthusiasm; I'm proud to have met you, and thank you profusely for your passionate interest! Gee, life's interesting in your fifties, isn't it?

This schematic will be representative only. It will not be complete, although it will work very well and best many popular amplifiers. Most DIYers here will be astonished at the simplicity, and the appearance of conventional design. But remember, there is more to it than you see, and there is component choice, and then there is layout. ALL these issues are very important - EVERYTHING affects the sound, and I've never met anyone smart enough to tell me how something will sound by merely looking at the schematic.

It will not be as good as the genuine kitset AKSA, but gee, at least we should allow the beautiful lady to model in her evening dress!!

This approach is also something NP suggested, and for this, I thank him.

I have designed many amplifiers, almost all hybrid, with tubes, BJTs, and mosfets. Most don't go beyond the workshop, because for a variety of market-related reasons, they are not commercial. Some of these amps are very special, too, but I won't be showing them just yet!!

The AKSA remains my most commercial design.

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 12th June 2004, 03:39 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

As the anticipation grows, I'm getting excited. It's like talking a half drunk girl out of her clothes at a party.

I hoped you would come to this decision. Your amp is one I've considered building. I know that you can't tell how an amp will sound from only it's scematic, and actual component choice, bias levels, and pc board layout are very critical for the outcome, but some things can be assumed from a rough scematic. I would want some Idea of topology and level of complexity before I laid my money out. If it was too complex for me to understand how it worked, I'de be at a great disatvantage trying to debug a component misplacement and unable to repair it if I fried it farting around with something (likely occurance).

There may be a few hacks out here that would try to copy your work, but they aren't likely to be paying customers anyway. Most people who would build your amp (me included) would be willing to pay a resonable cost for boards and parts plus a profit to have you do the R&D plus the parts sourceing and packaging.

For my first big project, I chose an Aleph 2. It was simple enough for me to understand and had a very high audioplile pedigree. Harvardians group buy also simplified the decision, but If Nelson had offered boards at 10 times the price, I would have bought them. And I would have also bought a kit if it was offered. At the time of commitment, the only Info I could get about your amp was gobs of glowing DIY reviews, and you have to take such claims with a grain of salt.
Old 12th June 2004, 03:45 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Re: If Hugh confirm that, i will put it, made in Multisim

Well it has been almost 46 minutes.
Waiting...

Can you tell I am anxious?

Quote:
Originally posted by destroyer X
In a matter of 50 minutes.

You will be astonished.

I guarantee, wonderfull sound machine.... beat all others!

Carlos
Old 12th June 2004, 03:53 AM   #6
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

It would be a terrible disappointment if our feverish Carlos had collapsed, exhausted, at the keyboard..........

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 12th June 2004, 03:58 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Don't worry; I am sure Carlos will come through with it. It is just that a Brazilian minute does not necessarily have the same 60 seconds you are used to.

Old 12th June 2004, 04:00 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: If Hugh confirm that, i will put it, made in Multisim

Quote:
Originally posted by Frazzled
Anything worth trying is worth failing at once or twice.
Sky diving?
Scuba diving?
Old 12th June 2004, 04:05 AM   #9
Raj1 is offline Raj1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

WOW, what an interest twidler of a thread!!!!

Now people can build the circuit as is, and get an idea of what an aksa sounds like, before forking out, excellent idea guys.......

Thanks
Raja
Old 12th June 2004, 04:06 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default What a pair

Thanks DX for having the ever optimistic view of life. It helps me through the day.

Thanks also to Hugh (who I see is also touched by DX's zeal) for allowing him to release a bit of the pie. If Nelson Pass had input which encouraged this as well, thanks to him too.

Maybe forum days ain't so bad after all.

In all seriousness, thanks to all that contribute and make this a place where I can learn, even at my slow pace.

Sandy (enjoying the music as we speak).

Hide this!Advertise here!