Cable technology

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"Finely cured wood housing for reduced outside interference". It must be the curing process that makes this wood have such great interference protection. Am I missing something here or is this really a joke? Why is it that these fancy cable companies never seem to conduct a real blind hearing test with complete strangers to provide proof that their $500-$10,000 cables are actually better then a $50 cable? I must also ask what is it that makes people think that an expensive TOSlink cable will "sound" better then a cheap TOSlink cable? Has everyone completely forgotten the definition of "digital"?

My Reference. Look about 3/4 down that page, and read on from "New wire price record?". I would love to hear what you think of Dan's opinion.

Originally posted by SY
Controlled subjective testing is frowned on in the world of exotic cables. It's the metaphysics that's the selling point.

Geeez, what a naysaying, boorish, uncouth, unfriendly thing to say!

Different wires can sound different. "Geometry" (is that topology, design, whatever?) makes the difference. Stereometry takes the performance even further.

Check out the IMPERIAL geometry/stereometry, probably following the platinum rule* here

For a motley 10 grand minus 3k change, you can propell your $1000 amp into stratospheric performance levels.

Wow, if I only had the money....

Coming to think of it, if I did have the money I'd buy a house (to protect the wire in the first place).

*a military secret. Suffice it to say, it transcends the golden rule.

:smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.