Good quality CD player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm currently using an el cheapo DVD player to play my CDs. It sounds like crap so I decided to start looking for a genuine CD player. Unfortunately, I'm on a small budget (500 $ CAN). I have no problems buying used/demo stuff. I'd prefer buying from a canadian seller (less custom hassles) but I won't mind shopping elsewhere either.

What brand/model should I be looking for ?

Almost forgot. This player will eventually be hooked to my brand new GC amps and will be played through good quality DIY speakers.

I finally decided to go with a Cambridge Audio 640C CD player. It's a little more expensive then I anticipated (689 $ CDN) but I was lucky to find a brand new one from one Hi-Fi store in BC for a little more than 500 $ CDN. This player had been ordered by a customer that finally decided to buy a SACD player instead.

I'll post my comments once I have had a chance to listen to it for a while.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.