Official DIY Power Amp (more gratuitous humour) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th May 2002, 11:52 PM   #1
Banned

Default Official DIY Power Amp (more gratuitous humour)

Harry calls the A.D.H.OC. Committee meeting to order. It starts out the usual way with Jocko arguing BJTs vs. MOSFETs with Harry and Nelson. Sonnya says it will not matter either way as long as Toshiba the 2SA970/2SC2240 pair is not used. There appears to be a small group gathered to one side, and shouts of "See, I told you they were counterfeit transistors" can be heard. GRollins has long since stopped attending meetings as he is convinced that not only will it use current sources and cascodes, but current mirrors too. And lots of them.

HPotter insists that all metal parts, including heatsink fins, are made from 0.125" 5052 aluminum plate. However, he is soon forced to admit that he has no reliable way of making a jig that will allow drilling and tapping in the H-plane without breaking numerous drill bits and taps. Quick on his feet, he then proposes using 1/4"------------ bar stock to separate the heat sink fins, provided that he can find a long enough piece of 6-32 all-thread in Canada.

Taterhead is off in one corner, conducting some sort of experiments using KY jelly as thermal compound for some bizarre reason. No one knows why. Ren Hoek has wandered off alone and appears engaged in a conversation with himself. No, wait, it appears instead that he is intrigued by some mysterious odour, perhaps of his doing.

The boys from the "Land of Oz", inspired by dice45's numerous verbose postings plan to make a C-37 substitute. Its main components seem to be an holy concoction of WD-40, Armorall, and something extracted from cane toads. They hope to flog it off on unsuspecting Japanese audiophile punters for big $$.

Harry and Jocko are now engaged in a competition to see who can create the more complicated current source/mirror thingie. Harry has forged solidly into the lead, as he can simulate it faster than Jocko can whip it up on a solderless bread board. Frustrated, Jocko flings the entire setup at Harry, only to miss and strike an innocent bystander. It appears that he has struck JoeBob, who is wandering about trying to get free samples. Mlloyd1, hoping in vain to get some "V" grade JFETs takes note, and quietly slithers away.

Suddenly, cries of “You humourless Pommie bastard are heard from the rear and a full-scale row ensues. Harry quickly adjourns the meeting and looks to hand off chairmanship to jam. Jam wants nothing to do with it, and trying to make a bogus claim of diplomatic immunity looks instead to give it to Jocko. However, Jocko has managed to become embroiled in a confrontation with the pizza delivery boy over an insufficient tip.
Old 15th May 2002, 03:34 AM   #2
jam is offline jam  United States
diyAudio Member

What! No pictures?

Jam
Old 15th May 2002, 03:40 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
I must admit that with each new component your humour is better.
Old 15th May 2002, 03:40 AM   #4
jam is offline jam  United States
diyAudio Member

Lightbulb Happy Days!

I say we have a gratuitous humor and picture forum and have Harry as the moderator or instigator whatever the case may be.
Old 15th May 2002, 05:10 AM   #5
mlloyd1 is offline mlloyd1  United States
diyAudio Member

Ha, ha !!!
Jocko, why did you waste you obvious talents with engineering?
mlloyd1

S(till)ROTFLMAO
Old 15th May 2002, 05:12 AM   #6
Banned

I think what we need most is a way to make the window we type the text in larger so I don't make as many typos. Using the preview feature has seemed to add a string of dashed lines. Not my day.

Please note that the concoction the Aussies are brewing up should read "unholy". There is a missing " after the pommie reference. Not that it matters eiher way.

Jocko
Old 15th May 2002, 07:56 AM   #7
sonnya is offline sonnya  Denmark
diyAudio Member

This can make you having a really good day! but it is also a really good picture of this forum and its members! Speaking picture ... mmmhhh ... Haaarryyyyy!!! Now it is your turn ... come on, don't you have a picture of this!?

Sonny
Old 15th May 2002, 10:43 AM   #8
Warp Engineer
On Holiday

I first saw this 7 hours ago and i'm still laughing.

Jocko,
What's with leaving me out of the joke? Just kidding.....
Old 15th May 2002, 12:55 PM   #9
Banned

Default You idiot!

You still can't spell, Jocko, man. And you have words backwards too.

Ren
Old 15th May 2002, 04:42 PM   #10
Banned

Default Reversed words

You are right. "Toshiba" and "the" are reversed. Guess it is harder than I thought to proofread your own text as the brain expects to see what is not there. Either that, or the spots in front of my eyes from dangerously low blood pressure.

Looks like we both missed our callings in life. Ren, the proofreader. Guess you have to get up early in the morning to fool Ren. From the time of your post, you were up early. Your youngest must have made a "stinkie". Serves you right.

Jocko

Hide this!Advertise here!