Who wants to see a $200k amp? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th June 2001, 08:15 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Talking Harharharhar...

Yeah. Really, I think he meant yF and not F. I mean the inrush current would blackout a small city.. that is, if the transformer and bridge rectifiers would survive!

Seriously, WHY did DynAudio make that ****? If they have plans to sell *lesser* gear based on that technology I could understand it. I don't think they are however. If it's for developing their speakers, then I could understand it. But why go trough all the trouble with the design and stuff, if it's a lab model?

It's gear wanking, nuffin' else.
Old 28th June 2001, 03:42 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Wink Out of the world price.

Hi,

Don't know why people would be upset that somebody is selling something for an extreme price. Nobody I know is forced to buy the thing. Free market at work. If someone who wants a one-of product to brag about wants to pag mega bucks to get one, that makes no difference to me.

People with more money than they know what to do with buy all kinds of things that are priced out of reason, cars and jewlery to name a couple of items. If they wish to pay for Dynaudio to do its research, that is great, as far as I am concerned.

Regards,
Greg
Old 12th July 2001, 06:04 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Default Dont make fun: I'm planning to buy this amp

This amp will complete my system, which consists of

source: sansui cd player

speakers: Cerwin vega thumpers with 18" dual woofers.

I think the high current capicity will give the vega's some etherial transparency and a touch of nuttiness. I mostly listen to Beastie Boys, and so need precise imaging.
Old 13th July 2001, 12:14 AM   #14
Helix is offline Helix  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Er, i think potential energy stored in a cap is
1/2 C V*V
so for say 400,000F at 80V
Energy = 1,280,000,000J
OR
1280MWatts for 1 second

I wonder if the nuclear reactors come with it?

Old 13th July 2001, 12:26 AM   #15
Helix is offline Helix  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

On further reading i think it was designed by a RF nut, i see that the preamp works in to the 'multi-megahertz range'.
I wonder if it is still linear at that range?

Looks like the power amp will only just be sutable for low power type earphones because most loud speakers 'turned mushy and deformed'. What an outstanding review! give that man a jurno. of the year award NOT

Hide this!Advertise here!