Home made circle cutting jig

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought i'd share this jig i've made.

It's a completely adjustable circle cutting jig for a router.
I know its sloppy, but i got too eager to try it out when i had it almost finished, and made some stupid mistakes.:smash:

The parts that count (the slide and the channel it fits into) are pretty accurate though.

It's made out of a slab of what i think is phenolic ("perstorpsplatta" as we swedes say), but just about anything that's hard and sufficiently thin to mount on a router would work.

I started making the channel, then i made the slide the exact same width. Then i put some foam rubber window seal strips (is this the right word? ) into the channel and routed them down to about half a millimeter, just enough to hold the slide in position.
I put the slide in the channel and routed it flush with the rest of the board surface, by leaning the router onto it making many passes.

The clamp also has a strip of foam rubber, but left untouched. It holds the slide in position and acts as a spring to tighten the bolts.

That's about it, if anything is unclear, i'll be happy to answer any questions. As i dont have a web site i have to post the pictures one at a time:

Attachments

• img_0146.jpg
    img_0146.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 437
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.