Rescue My Resolution - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd June 2004, 12:05 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to magic_mat Send a message via MSN to magic_mat
Exclamation Rescue My Resolution

On my other pc my brother somehow changed the resolution down to 320 X something (i think becasue everything is SOO big)
i tryed changing the res but i can acsess it becasue all the ok and apply button are off the srceen. So i tryed resarting the pc but now i cant even log on becasue nothing fits on the screen. the pc is using Windows Xp Pro a TNT2 graphics card and the nvidea card drivers. Is there anyway of changing the res?? (in dos or something???)

PLEASE HELP

Thanks
Old 3rd June 2004, 12:37 PM   #2
Schaef is offline Schaef  United States
diyAudio Member

What happens when you bring it up in safe mode? I find it hard to believe that windows still allows such a low resolution to be used.

Of course you could always use keyboard navigation. You mention you have a second PC that's working properly, bring up the video window and use tab, remembering to count how many times you have to press it, to figure out the navigation using the keyboard. Yes, you can still do this, and that should help set things right as well.
Old 3rd June 2004, 01:23 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

how do i bring it in safe mode? And if safe mode if 640X480 how can i change the res so it work when it isnt in safe mode.
Old 5th June 2004, 06:32 PM   #4
nuppe is offline nuppe  Sweden
diyAudio Member

To boot in safe mode:
press F8 just before windows starts, and a menu will apear, choose safe mode. Sometimes you have to have good timing to press the button at the right time. Try a couple of times if it doesn't work.

I think windows will save display settings if you change them in safe mode, but i'm not a 100% shure. It's worth a shot anyway.

/Andreas
Old 5th June 2004, 08:39 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

i tryed it and it worked
thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!