Cheapskate wants to solder his interconnects and save money for hookers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear friends,.
I can't afford all these fancy interconnects - or maybe I can and I'd just rather spend the money on other things.. but I digress.

Can someone tell me why I can't just solder my speaker wire right into output trannys and to my speakers..
Hey then how about soldering my cd player right into the amp<br> Then I can spend the extra money on the wire itself, more cds... booze and at the cost of some of those Bybee things.... a couple of girls.. he he he.

I can see it now... they say "your paying us by the hour don't you want us to do something?"... "Yes, sit still and listen to Schumann again dammit."

Since my system stays in the same place for years on end now. I can make the connections pretty short. Any disadvantage to 1 foot interconnects? 3 foot speaker wires? Soldered directly in?

Part 2... What kind of wire?

Anyone read the Roland Barthes? I wonder what kind of wire he'd use...

What's your goal? Fashion or reliability and good sound? If the former, someone else will have to help you. If the latter, do consider my now-famous Home Depot Orange Extension Cord speaker cable. Easy to solder directly. And the price will leave you enough for a really high-class evening so you don't have to enjoy the music alone.

OT: When I was dating a girl some years ago, I asked her what the difference was between spending a pile of money on a fancy dinner to get a girl to come home with me and hiring a professional perambulating hostess. Her answer: "No difference other than certainty." I married her.:D

fashion can go out the window. what I want is purity on the cheap... why spend 300 bucks on fancy wbt or whatever connectors for my next project amp when I can just solder the connections? isnt the goal of those expensive connectors simply to provide a tight gassless connectors? would a 500 dollar set of connnection plugs ADD something to the sound a little Solder wouldn't?

Seems to me a soldered connection would be the best. I would much rather buy some good silver wire... wind some silver opt's even - but why connectors when i never unplug anything...
thanks for your feedback.

I plan on trying the home depot cables sometime. I've read good things. But for this room I don't mind spending money on essential parts like wire and chokes and caps.. just not unnessary stuff...

I often enjoy a good meal out, but most times it's hard to spend a lot of money on food that is going to end up as a turd in 6 hours.. but I digress.

If you don't mind getting out the iron to connect and disconnect, I would say that there is no better connection that a good solder joint. That's how all of the internal components are connected together inside that amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.