Speaker Selector Box - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th June 2001, 01:44 AM   #1
Super is offline Super  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Super
I am looking to build a speaker selector box for my stereo: one that allows me to select either 1, 2, or 3 pairs of speakers in any configuration. However, I refuse to buy a cheap aluminum piece of garbage from Radio Shack. Does anyone have any information about how I could go around building one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 4th March 2008, 04:51 AM   #2
notrobb is offline notrobb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Bump. Beginner here too.....

I'm looking to do pretty much the same thing, my amp has inputs for 3 sets of speakers and i can choose A, B, C, A/B, A/C or B/C. However, my A and B channels are acting up.

I'd like to go from C channel into the box I hypothetically build. This box would output to all 6 speakers. Each pair would have their own toggle switch, to allow for independent switching while maintaining a safe impedance load for the amplifier. Any combination of speakers can be turned on or off without compromising the impedance rating of my 4 ohm amplifier.

My speakers are all kind of junky - they were mostly free, i have no idea about ratings, though i think they all sound great with the amp now, i just need to figure out the switching part since 2 channels seem to be dying (yep, it was a free amp too).

Hide this!Advertise here!