Speaker Selector Box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking to build a speaker selector box for my stereo: one that allows me to select either 1, 2, or 3 pairs of speakers in any configuration. However, I refuse to buy a cheap aluminum piece of garbage from Radio Shack. Does anyone have any information about how I could go around building one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bump. Beginner here too.....

I'm looking to do pretty much the same thing, my amp has inputs for 3 sets of speakers and i can choose A, B, C, A/B, A/C or B/C. However, my A and B channels are acting up.

I'd like to go from C channel into the box I hypothetically build. This box would output to all 6 speakers. Each pair would have their own toggle switch, to allow for independent switching while maintaining a safe impedance load for the amplifier. Any combination of speakers can be turned on or off without compromising the impedance rating of my 4 ohm amplifier.

My speakers are all kind of junky - they were mostly free, i have no idea about ratings, though i think they all sound great with the amp now, i just need to figure out the switching part since 2 channels seem to be dying (yep, it was a free amp too).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.