problem to access diyaudio.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I would not delete the hosts file. You can check what's in it and if there are more hosts files. Some worms etc. creat a second hosts file. But I assume you have a good virusscanner so that can't be the problem.

Do a search for the hosts file, every Windows version has one but the location may differ.

Here's a few InterWeb (sic) tricks you can try:

1) From your command prompt, try telnetting to www.diyaudio.com, port 80 (telnet www.diyaudio.com 80). Type "get /" if you get a connect statement. If you don't, something is blocking you from reaching diyaudio.

2) If you're getting blocked, run a traceroute to diyaudio and post it here.. Maybe we can dissect what's inbetween you and diyaudio.

What I would guess may be happening is that your ISP has a caching server or some sort of proxy server (as others stated) that is blocking your connection. I would try giving them a call first and say "Hey, I can't get here now.. Do you guys have anything that may be blocking me" .. If they do, then kindly ask them to remove it :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.