op amp problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all,
I built a subwoofer filter and when I turn it on the output of the op amps is +/-10 volst and the power supply is 12 volts(using regulators).the other day, one of the ground wires touched the + of the power supply output. The power supply works with a LED but with the filter it dosn't. I dont know what is going on... could somone help me?
thanks,
kinser

Are you telling us that when you power up the filter you get 10 volts at the output of the opamp?

If you get that happening it is maily a problem with the way everything is wired, up id double check your wiring.

However I have had a problem like this before and it dissapeared simply by connnecting an input to the filter. If you are testing it without the output of the CD player or whatever connected to the filter try that.

You need to measure the voltages from the power supply with a meter. The LED will light up at anything above about 2.3 volts so that doesn't help much. If the voltage is not correct a regulator could be damaged.

If the power supply measures OK measure the DC voltage at the output of the opamp. With the input grounded the output should be 0 volts +/- .001 or less. If the opamp output is not 0 then the opamp is blown.

Later BZ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.