trying to fix an amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone, I'm new. As you probably see this is my first post. I'm here because I'm trying to fix an amplifier I have on my own. I'm generally good with electronics, have done a good bit of soldering, but have little experience with designing or working with circuits in the sense of understanding how they work. It is an amplifier from a Merak subwoofer, I think it said somewhere it was a "Class D," but I'm not sure. I know this is most likely a really bad amp, but I want to make it work again! Anyway, it stopped working one day, I noticed the fuse was blown, replaced it, and they just kept blowing. I took it apart, and found one of the caps (470uf, 63V) very near to the output tab had a lead melted and broken. Well, I tried putting another one in a while ago, before I knew quite as much as I do now, and put it in with the leads in the wrong positions, and it still blew fuses. Well, I just recently took another look at it, realized the mistake, replaced it in the other direction, and it turned on without immediately blowing a fuse, but made a high-pitched noise, and blew the fuse about a minute later. Anyone with some good knowledge of this sort of thing have any idea what the problem could be?? I can take a picture of the board or give any more info as needed. Thank you for any help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.