I loose my hearing when I go to the gym

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
eRiCdWoNg said:
...anybody else experience this, after a strenuous workout I cant' hear a thing, infact if I pressurize my ears right I can hear myself talking, its a wierd phenomena. Wonder whats up with that.

I used to experience that all the time when I used to lift weights, although to a lesser degree than you it sounds like, so FWIW, you're not a "freak". :)

Many possibilities

This can be caused numerous ways but some are not so nice to be unsure of, especially those relating to atherosclerosis (heart disease). Unless this has been happening to you since you were a teenager, you should get checked out by a good doctor.

For myself, it's easy to make myself light-headed. Strenuous leg-lifts (legs up, head down) cause the blood vessels in the legs to enlarge while those in the torso constrict so upon standing up, bingo. When this happens, many perceptual symptoms can occur depending on how close to actually fainting I get. Loss of hearing is very closely related to fainting. Also very acute hearing.

Anyway, common sense applies and just make sure you are not typical of most Americans with your diet. Otherwise, you are guaranteed circulatory problems of one sort or another ranging from what you experience now to heart attack to stroke to loss of interest in audio....

-Robert

ok let me rephrase that, I made it sound alot worse then it really is. After I work out, I have diminished audio perception.

I havent been working out regularly for the past few months but I remember before when I did work out regularly it did this at first but then I think the problem went away. Probably my body got used to it.

PS I'm 22 so I'm not that old.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.