Caig Progold = awesome

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Today was a day of bad luck it seemed. I was drawn out of a hat of 5 people at work to go work at another branch this saturday (its a pain to get there and the people are mean who work there). Then when I got off, I took a motorcycle ride to a town about 30 min away or so. I stopped by Guitar Center at first to check their pro audio gear out. While I was there I picked up some Caig ProGold for $15. I didnt buy anything else cause guitar center's stuff seems really expensive. I can get stuff off the internet and ebay for so much cheaper.

Next stop was the local electronics parts supply house. I was looking for some wires and connectors for my car stereo. I noticed that their Caig stuff was $21+, so guitar Center was cheaper. I was really there to buy some 4 gauge black cable. It turns out they were ALL OUT. They had red but no black. Ugh. they didnt even have the clear or translucent jacketed stuff. Ok I thought, I'll just buy the connector here and the wire somewhere else as I only need a foot or 2. Turns out they were sold out of ALL their 4 gauge connectors too. Darn. Guess somebody was doing a ton of car stereo ground installs. In the meantime I'm using everythng 4 gauge and heavier for my largest amp except the ground, cause 8 gauge was all I had. I leave the parts house and catch myself in a torrential downpour so since I'm on my bike I get soaked. Grrrreat.

I get home and I start doing my project of why I originally bought the Caig for. My home stereo preamplifier was making scratchy noises with the volume knob, particularly when I first turned it on. After a while trying to figure out how to disassemble the case, I sprayed all the switches, contacts and pots with the Caig. I put it back together, connected it up and crossed fingers. There was NO noise at all! I was excited. This was great, ive been too lazy to pull the preamp out of the rack for so long but this is one of the things i'm happy that I finally got around to doing. Maybe my stereo even sounds better too haha. :D

Fat man with his kids and dog, drove in through the morning fog. Hey there rover come on over. Red headed lady reaching for an apple, gonna take a bite...nope...nope...she gonna breathe on it first. Wipes it on her blouse. She takes a bite. Chews it once, twice, three times, four times....stops....takes a long hard look at Randy....five times...fat 'ol husband walking over.

Walking down the road....

Left foot, right foot
Left foot, right foot

Well, I went home with the waitress
The way I always do
How was I to know
She was with the Russians, too

I was gambling in Havana
I took a little risk
Send lawyers, guns and money
Dad, get me out of this

I'm the innocent bystander
Somehow I got stuck
Between the rock and the hard place
And I'm down on my luck
And I'm down on my luck
And I'm down on my luck

Now I'm hiding in Honduras
I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns and money
The **** has hit the fan

Send lawyers, guns and money...

gotta love family guy :)

and gotta despise randy newman sometimes ;)

you forgot the line, "take a long hard look at randy"

Hybrid fourdoor said:
Fat man with his kids and dog, drove in through the morning fog. Hey there rover come on over. Red headed lady reaching for an apple, gonna take a bite...nope...nope...she gonna breathe on it first. Wipes it on her blouse. She takes a bite. Chews it once, twice, three times, four times....stops....takes a long hard look at Randy....five times...fat 'ol husband walking over.

Walking down the road....

Left foot, right foot
Left foot, right foot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.