Enough building, more listening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I've been able to crank out another pair of ESLs, and I've been relistening to my CDs with eager ears. So far, I've noticed that some CDs don't offer as much of a sound stage as other CDs. For example, on one particular CD I can hear a cow bell, clear as day, about 1/3 of the way between the left and right speakers. But, on another CD it sounds like the high hats are simply coming from both speakers at the same time. Nothing is changing in my system, but the CD, so I know it must be the recording.
Now, for the point of my thread.
I would like to know of some particular CDs that offer a very good sound stage. I want to be able to close my eyes and have a solid mental picture of where the music is coming from.
Please suggest some of your favorites.

Thanks,
Dan

some random recommendations for good soundstages:
roger waters - amused to death
tom waits - small change (most tom waits albums are perfectionist recordings with amazing 'presence')
miles davis - sketches of spain

and of course the classic audiophile LP -
jazz at the pawnshop (the CD version is also pretty good, but the LP is jaw-droppingly good!)

there are many others, this was just what i happened to be listening to last night on my just-completed TL_B speakers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.