Noise cancelling microphone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just a thought. Is it possible to make a noise cancelling microphone? I was mostly thinking of cancelling the self noise of cheap electret elements.

How can this be done? By casting one mic element into some sort of resin, and adding the inverted signal, or?

I realize that the effect of casting a mic element into e.g. epoxy resin in order to dampen vibrations/sound is not effective at lower frequencies.

How effective is it at what frequencies? I suppose the noise of electret mics are typically limited to a certain frequency band not including lower frequencies, thus making it possible to add a high pass filter in order to avoid interference with THE signal. Has anyone studied this topic?

Nope. I wish there were an easy way to turn a Panasonic mike into a B&K,

All it takes is a phone call and a check that will clear.

I’ve been intrigued by the Linkwitz articles about hot rodding the Panasonic capsules. I have to confess that I have however been spoiled by good Mics. Perhaps that’s an even better reason to try. I’ve been curious about how far the concept can be taken.

(B&K mics are now marketed as DPA)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.