Any News about "RFDigital" and Discontinued Products?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is a question relating to the electronics industry.

The company called "RFDigital" ( http://www.rfdigital.com/ ) has a product line of short-range RF transmitters, receivers, and transceivers. At the day job we've been working off and on for 18 months to develop a product that uses one of RFDigital's transceivers ( RFD21743 RFDANT – Radio Inside Antenna | ). Our product was announced and advertised in January, and we planned a roll-out and first deliveries next month (April).

So today we learned that the RFDigital transceivers have been discontinued. Not just them, but the whole product line is vanishing!

So does anybody here have any information about RFDigital, and what happened? I know they became a division of a larger company a couple years ago, but it looked like they were being left alone to do their own thing.

And can anybody point me toward an alternative RF transmitter-receiver pair? I have 3 logic-level signals that need to be monitored, and their state transmitted over a distance of about 300 yards. I don't need a UART, or USB, or I2C, although these might be useful in future versions of this product. For now I only need a remote indication of the states of 3 logic signals.

Thanks for your information and/or suggestions!

Dale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.