Old LED meter board repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I picked up an HK TD392 cassette deck at an audio swap meet today. The lower three LEDs of the meter are out on one channel. I pulled it apart, and it uses a fairly monolithic H.E.C. H13A LT1151 board.

The board has two capacitors, two resistors, two potted ICs, and a one piece plastic module with two rows of LEDs.

I'm guessing that the symmetry of the parts means that they're using two separate driver ICs for the two channels of the display.

My question is around how the LED module is connected to the board. I do not see any through-hole pins for it on the back, nor any surface mount legs for it on the front. It seems to be held in place by six plastic rivets. I'm wondering if it's just using pin contacts that press onto bare copper pads of the board. If so, I wouldn't be surprised if these need to be cleaned, and that's why these three LEDs aren't working. Anyone ever removed the LED module from one of these things to check? Anyone maybe tried cutting off the rivets, cleaning the contacts, and then reattaching the module with some small screws?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.