48 Hours to save Maplin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nowhere for your average millennial, reality is already a mystery to them
To be fair, the human race has already destroyed most of the reality that our brains evolved to care about. Nature, wildlife, fresh air, streams, wildflowers, open spaces, sunlight, most of these have disappeared from the lives of most millenials.

If the only reality I had ever known was big cities full of smog, cars, noise, crowds, stress, irritability, and money, I too would be a neurotic mess, desperate to avoid my miserable reality, and bury myself in imaginary distractions.

Paradise has been lost, not through divine intervention, but because we humans were thoughtless enough to throw it all away in just a few generations.

-Gnobuddy

...Where the man has to pander to a woman's every need and get it perfect every time.
At one time, women were expected to pander to a man's every need, and get it perfect every time. Now it's exactly the opposite, and men are expected to play that role. Both extremes are equally unhealthy, and equally unworkable.
For me love is a two way street, you look after one another, not become the others doting parent.

Agreed. For some reason, it seems hard for us humans to steer a middle course, which (as the Buddhists remind us) is usually the wisest way. Instead, we tend to swing from one extreme to the other, with equally catastrophic and painful results at both ends of the swing.

-Gnobuddy

Paradise has been lost, not through divine intervention, but because we humans were thoughtless enough to throw it all away in just a few generations.
What paradise was this? Disease, famine, dangerous predators, drought, fire, infant mortality, lawlessness, regular tribal wars, no technology and, particularly, dental work without anaesthetic.
Good riddens.
I would not have wanted to be born a moment earlier in history than I was.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.