Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Windows 10 upgrade question
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th February 2018, 09:36 PM   #11
MAAC0 is offline MAAC0  Portugal
diyAudio Member

For retrieving the key, just tested.
KeyFinder | Magical Jelly Bean

For cloning I've used Macrium software in the past and worked well. You can also use M$ Dism own command utility for it. Create image commands and then apply image commands
You only need the Win Pro version if You intend use things oriented for company networks.
Compare Windows 10 Editions & Versions | Home & Pro

And Yes, You can activate both Standard and Pro on the same machine and then choose which one You want at installation time. Legit or Cracked.
Follow the rules from my last post for Standard. Activate.
Install Pro version. Activate.
Now, just install the version You want again. After the first internet connection, it will be activated.

After the first 7->10 upgrade activation and on subsequent 10 installs it will retrieve the key or activation status from M$ servers, and You don't need cracks or loaders anymore.
Please bear in mind if the laptop has a BIOS key, You need that Ei.CFG file, without it it will install the version that matches that key.
You can make also these tests on Your older drive before the SSD arrives, Just swapping the HDD doesn't affect activation. It is a good mean of determining / testing if You can find all the drivers and utilities needed. BACKUP IMPORTANT THINGS FIRST !!
IF You must stick with 7 because of lack of drivers, check if automatic defragmenting of drives is disabled. Should be disabled after install.

Last edited by MAAC0; 20th February 2018 at 09:38 PM.
Old 20th February 2018, 09:38 PM   #12
globalplayer is offline globalplayer  Germany
diyAudio Member

Did you read the Windows 10 EULA?
Maybe now it is the time to do so.
Old 20th February 2018, 10:43 PM   #13
Bengali is offline Bengali  United States
diyAudio Member

MS no longer supports provides Office 2007 even though I retreived the key.

I bought a legit key for Windows 10 Pro. Works great and the SSD is sweet.
Old 20th February 2018, 11:08 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

You can use Libreoffice.
Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People
Old 20th February 2018, 11:12 PM   #15
nigelwright7557 is online now nigelwright7557  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I use openoffice as its free.
Apache OpenOffice - Official Download
Old 20th February 2018, 11:16 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Libreoffice is free also, either one will do the job.

Last edited by globalplayer; 20th February 2018 at 11:20 PM.
Old 1st March 2018, 11:15 PM   #17
MAAC0 is offline MAAC0  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Globalplayer

I understand Your point of view about the EULA, but let me explain mine.

I wanted just to highlight he doesn't need to buy a key as his system is eligible for the free upgrade. If he wants to Pirate it's up to him to decide.

I'm sure You never downloaded an mp3 track or a movie from the internet, nor did You copy Cassette tapes from Your friends in the Eighties (well...I don't know Your age). Borrowing a CD from a friend or listening radio is also sort of piracy as You aren't paying the author for listening to the music...

I do not condemn software piracy if it is beeing used at home and for non-profit use.
I do condemn software piracy if someone is going to earn money with it, like running a company, doing parties, Photography and so on.

Let me ask a You a question:

How do You think people know and people want to use someone's software ?
It's because it was pirated and they have tested it and liked...otherwise they wouldn't know it even exists, and the software company would go bankrupt.

Just look at those dongle protected software. Who Knows it, Who uses it ?
The only that I know are usually used in CAD and Industrial companies, and only run on that particular multidollar machine. What's the point of protecting it ?

By the way, Microsoft is hard trying to offer W10 because it wants to beat Apple and the spying and telemetric features built in are handy for the CIA in order to track Terrorists....

For example here in Portugal, Suppose I'm a DJ, I buy music from Traxsource, Beatport or Apple Music etc, but ... but I can't use it in my sets. I can use it only in my personal mp3 player or phone for my personal listening.
My Multidollar HDD DJ Console / Player / computer becomes useless. I'm stuck with CD's and Vinyls...

I have a friend who is a DJ / music producer, released some of it's work on CDs and the royalties he received from the music company were a mere 75€ for some ...2000 CDs sold... 3 €Cents per CD. But the company earned 40000€ (20€/CD)
Old 1st March 2018, 11:30 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAAC0 View Post
How do You think people know and people want to use someone's software ?
People hopefully inform themselves about software before using it.
As for me I only run free open-source software and I know why.
Since modern CPUs, etc. are "backdoored" anyway this is likely futile but I do what I can.

Windows 10 is like a cellphone.
You pay money... for them tracking your every move and stealing any intellectual property they find on your devices.
You happily pay for your own surveillance.

Last edited by globalplayer; 1st March 2018 at 11:33 PM.
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:00 AM   #19
asuslover is offline asuslover  Romania
diyAudio Member

Who's them? Who's watching us? you would think they don't care about one simple movie illegally downloaded , but they do, the cable company will notice you that they are aware of what's happening and if you don't stop they will suspend the service and will report you. That's a fact! Another fact is that in other countries you could find laptops (brand new )for sale without operation systems..... yeah !?! how many people are using Linux/ubuntu? Some... the other ones use cracked versions of windows.... never heard someone getting in trouble for that.
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:11 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuslover View Post
... the other ones use cracked versions of windows.... never heard someone getting in trouble for that.
Of course not.
First and foremost windows is a powerful trojan disguised as a operating system.
More windows systems more surveillance.
They would shoot themselves in their own foot if they would do something against "pirated" copies.

Windows 10 upgrade questionHide this!Advertise here!