Budget Ikea bathroom radio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had a pair of full range speakers hanging around, plus some spare time, an old laptop powersupply (small netbook) and started thinking of making some radio thing for my bathroom. No super hifi stuff just small fun project also to teach my son some basic electronics.

I understand that pictures say more than words ...

0.jpg

Ikea flower pots and bathroom organizer in bamboo together with some very cheap doorknobs ... total spending 20 euro :)

1.jpg

looks pretty sleek

2.jpg

bought on Wish or alixpress not sure for 12 euro including free shipping :)

3.jpg

Also bought the cheapest pillow ... using the content as damping material made some 5 mm plywood panels from leftovers I had hanging around

4.jpg

soldering the power, the radio has a line + and a memory +

5.jpg

damping

6.jpg

cutting to exact size !!!

7.jpg

This was delivered with the radio and works fine

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Radio
  • Stereo
  • MP3 on usb
  • MP3 on sd-card
  • FM Tuner
  • Line in
  • Remote control
  • Bluetooth audio
  • Bluetooth hands free phone
  • Equalizer
  • Balance + fader
  • Tone + loudness
  • 4x60 watt however I only use 2 ... you could add 2 extra speakers if you would like to
  • line out if you want to add some subwoofer
  • FM
  • AM
  • 18 presets memory

Power supply
12 volt
5 ampere
good for 60 watt

Speakers
JVC
Full range
15 watt rms
30 watt peak
35 - 16.000 hz
90 dba

Extra:
Universal flat cable fm car antenna
if you would like you could add for example an usb port for charging, vu meters, ledlight, etc

Total investment about 50 euro ;)

Will make a second one for a shed of a friend who loved it

Sound quality is surprisingly good due to the use of bamboo and damping instead of plastic. It's a closed cabinet due to it's form and I tried a ported back plate but this sounds better to me.

Thinking it was nice to share over here ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.