Philips DVP900SA next tweking object ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DVP9000S

Well folks,

I have some good news and some bad news.

Firstly the bad news, the DVP900SA will NOT be available in the UK (source - Philips).

Now the good news, the DVP9000S will be! It has just been released and should be in the shops soon. The official price from Dutchwest is £370.72 (including VAT and delivery) but I've seen it on the 'net for around £230. Philips have sent me the spec sheets for both and the DVP9000S looks just like the DVP900SA with a different number.

Features :- 216MHz 12bit DAC, DCDi, CD upsampling to DSD, HDMI with 720p and 1080i and the use of audiophile components in the audio circuitry (!)

I get the impression is it essentially a 963SA with a different DAC, HDMI output and some tweaks to the clock and audio circuitry.

If anyone out there knows how I could get hold of a pdf service manual for this or the DVP900SA I'd be very interested as it seems to hold even more promise for tweaking than the 963SA.

Cheers,

Jon

Re: DVP9000S

Yes, I'm looking fot this service manual too. Please help us

JonHarrison said:
Well folks,

I have some good news and some bad news.

Firstly the bad news, the DVP900SA will NOT be available in the UK (source - Philips).

Now the good news, the DVP9000S will be! It has just been released and should be in the shops soon. The official price from Dutchwest is £370.72 (including VAT and delivery) but I've seen it on the 'net for around £230. Philips have sent me the spec sheets for both and the DVP9000S looks just like the DVP900SA with a different number.

Features :- 216MHz 12bit DAC, DCDi, CD upsampling to DSD, HDMI with 720p and 1080i and the use of audiophile components in the audio circuitry (!)

I get the impression is it essentially a 963SA with a different DAC, HDMI output and some tweaks to the clock and audio circuitry.

If anyone out there knows how I could get hold of a pdf service manual for this or the DVP900SA I'd be very interested as it seems to hold even more promise for tweaking than the 963SA.

Cheers,

Jon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.