Why do people listen to people from the industry?? - Page 7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th April 2004, 01:34 AM   #61
Magura is offline Magura  Denmark
diyAudio Member

True to some extent IMO.
To stick to your analogy, you mum most unfortunately would have to have bought quite a number of different brands, till she by coincidence stumbled on the one that actually worked.

My personal attitude is that if im recommended something, I check it out by testing it if possible. Mostly outrageous claims are quite far from the reality and a test will clearly show that.

Im a toolmaker in diecasting, every now and then a salesman of cutting tools is passing by. I have still to meet the first tool salesman that dosnt overstate the performance of his tools by at least 25%. Given the fact that tools are easily tested, its easy to actually make a factor you can divide their claims by.

The high end audio industry is worse by a magnitude, since its somewhat harder to prove that they are frauds or close to frauds. That fact keeps many an audio manufacturer alive. Just the fact that its been possible to sell BS like the example in my last post, is an unpleasently clear proof that some people have (or ought to have) moral issues.

Magura

Hide this!Advertise here!