Upcoming DIY2002

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Darren from PE asked if I could pass this on:

"Hello Folks!

Well, it is that time of year! We can't keep putting off the planning of the DIY2002. As I did last year, I will be compiling a mailing list for people that are interested in attending. I will try to gather locations of all interested parties, and get some rules and categories hammered out.

For anyone who doesn't know about the DIY events, basically they are a get together for speaker builders. There will be multiple locations throughout the country, yet to be decided. In the past they have been "competitive" events with scored judging and rankings of the different designs. I say competitive with quotes around it because there really is almost no competitive nature to the event. Everyone is there to have a good time and to learn some new things and meet new people. The benefit of having judging and scoring is that entrants get a rare chance to get serious critique on their designs. Plus, it is nice to get to compare your projects to some other peoples'. The ultimate format of the event is dependant on the individual hosts preferences, but a standardized system will be in place nationwide, so that a somewhat useful exchange of information can take place after the events on a national level.

Anyone who is interested in the event in any fashion, please send me an email to get your name on the mailing list. As I said before, locations are yet to be determined. You never know who else might be interested around you, so I suggest everyone send me an email. If nothing else, I can put you in contact with other DIYers in your area.

I will be sending out a questionairre shortly, but I wouldn't mind some preliminary info. I'd like a full name, online "handle", and city and state for now. Please email to:

diyspeakers2002@hotmail.com

Thanks again, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Darren. "

Join in and have some fun!

Digi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.