Ideal copper wire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Kevin, you are incorrect.
If you speaker - ve terminal is common then use it for 0 volts or earth (green / yellow wire).
The woofer can be connected to Brown wire (live).
The mid / treble to the Blue wire (neutral).
At the amplifier connect the Brown and Blue wires together and connect to the red speaker terminal +'ve.
Idea by no wiring a speaker is the the high current woofer waveform does not interfere with the lower current mid / treble speakers.
This does not apply to amplifiers. Like some bridge amplifiers.
you have been given an answer and yet you try to argue without understanding current flow.

Too much lack of understanding in this hobby that all of us are entitled to our own opinions, but not our "own" facts. Drill down deep enough, and I'm likely as guilty as anyone.

For most of the past 20yrs, I've never used anything thicker than the cheapest #18 zip cord available at the local Home Depot in my own systems, and challenge anyone to prove the advantages of thicker or "exotic formulas" / configurations in a blind test.

Read about the benefits of bi wiring speakers on the net. All I was doing was proposing is to common the earth wire. Anyway cabtyre mains cable is near and can 16 Amps or a monster amp of 1 Kilowatt into 4 Ohms RMS instead of puny 5 Amps of el Cheapo rip cord of 5 x 5 x 4 = 100 watts .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.