negative feedback

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not a native english speaker and I do not understood exactly what you want to say.
Can you explain otherwise what do you mean?
It is called expectation bias.
Nothing new under the sun.
It's like the cars, their speed is low (when it's traffic jam for example) but when it turns green at the traffic lights from the moment when the first car starts and until the last car start, it takes very short time.
Guess you never have been on German roads :yuck:...

Best regards!

I've used them as a comparator ;-)

Jan
Of course, same here ... but we are talking audio amplifier devices here, so what´s your point?
It does not belong in this discussion.

I am answering to:
As a simple example, try a humble 741 open loop. Puajjjj, buy new ears before listening.
which clearly implies audio signals and listening.

You mean comparators are audio devices meant to be listened at by themselves? :eek:

I know you refer to placebo.......

Usualy I do not here any diference between amplifiers (good amplifiers) unlike others, but with these 2 amplifiers the diference even if verry subtle was clearly defined.
The cymbal has a slower decay time, the sound last longer - only one example.
And I made blind tests too.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Of course, same here ... but we are talking audio amplifier devices here, so what´s your point?
It does not belong in this discussion.

I am answering to:

which clearly implies audio signals and listening.

You mean comparators are audio devices meant to be listened at by themselves? :eek:

OK, OK, I was just sort of joking. Sorry.

Jan

I doubt if decay time has anything to do with slew rate. The end of a decay is at lower amplitude so less affected by slew rate limiting.

Assuming very careful matching of volume levels (often omitted, which renders any listening test void) the main difference between two competent amps will be frequency response. This is probably what you heard.

So you compared two amps under unknown conditions. You prefer one. This happens to have a higher slew rate. Nothing much can be deduced from this.

Like I allready writed here

" It is to complicated to explain and others will not be agree with me. "

BUT was not only one test and not only 2 amplifiers compared ....... so let's just continue only on this direction: because I like milkcofee and you like blackcofee, or just because.........

I did not try to convince anyone that the big SR is better, I only expressed my personal preferences, therefore why are you trying to change the mening of the discussion? Why are you trying to change me feelings?

The way to tell the difference between a low pass filter and a true delay is whether you need a time machine to undo the change or can do it with merely an inverse filter.

That seems to imply that the inverse low pass filter (and hence also the low pass filter itself) is just a frequency dependent time machine. Cool, now I know how to time travel! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.