small Ac generators 230 V using neodymium magnet spheres hobby

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
From video text:

> test 75 W 230 V bulb ... 2 baterryes 1800 mAh, 3,7 V each

So 7.4V and 1.8AH, 13 Watt Hours of battery.

Rig it to hold a constant distance and thus a constant 230V. If it runs more than 10 minutes before the batteries run flat, you have beaten natural law.

If this is just for fun, yeah, it may amuse folks who don't really know where the power in their lamps comes from. (Steam or dam water spins magnet near coil....)

I tested the small generator using a PWM controller for the 3 V DC motor.
Rotor : 13 mm neodymium sphere
Stator : coil iron -less
Results :
YouTube
PRR, the generators are created in educational purpose. The coil iron - less ( stator) provides a "total capture" of the magnetic flux generated by the 13 mm neodymium sphere.
thx st

What is the purpose of the dc motor? Is it just used as a bearing? And why a spherical magnet?
the 3 V dc motor is spinning the 13 mm neodymium sphere which is staiyng on a metal case (magnetic grip ) connected through a plastic connector to the motor ax. The spherical magnet provides a permanent and constant magnetic flux. The sphere is the rotor of the generator, the coil is the stator.

for example : a small battery 1.2 V + coil + minidrone dc motor + 10 mm neodymium sphere :

YouTube

It is important to be spherical and the position of the sphere on the metal case is very important (between the magnetic poles).
For example if you will try with a cube magnet (more stronger than the sphere refering to Gauss) on the same setimgs the voltage it will be......half. (i already tried ). shape is important and strenght is importantfor example to light 75 w bulb 230 v I used diferent setups:
YouTube
coils 40 ohms
26 mm diameter neodymium sphere
3.7 v dc motor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.